Welcome to the twenty-second installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week or so to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check for other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
This month topic is brought to us by L’Dene Bean of Nitpickin’s who asks: Why, and how did you pick your corporation? Is your loyalty solid or just until a better placed organization “recruits” you. The shorter version: Who holds your Unshakable Fealty and why?
The “Oh how original” part is referencing to the subject of the mail sent out by CK from which I “stole” the post title.
So even though CK has already welcomed you in the above paragraph here I will also welcome you to this 22nd Blog Banter, which in my opinion has a really interesting subject, so let’s get started.
As EVE is a game and games are about entertainment and fun you should always do the things that will get you the most fun out of a game, whether this is endlessly mining some asteroid or placing square blocks on each other to form a tower (Minecraft), the end goal is having fun.
So when it comes to corporations in EVE I will join a corp that does what I find fun at that moment, such as joining a null-sec corp when that seemed fun (Yet that was just coincidental as my corp itself decided to merge into a null-sec corp), or joining a low-sec alliance and becoming a pirate.
Even when I leave a corporation I will miss the people in it (Well some of ‘em), however it’s hard to maintain social activity with them once you have left their corp (Other than hanging around in their public channel).
So am I loyal to a corp ? Yes, if the time I want to leave is deemed bad I will stay until a better time has come to leave, I wont steal any assets or leave any loans open, or take borrowed items with me, that’s just not something I do.
And even if a corp would disagree with you leaving, if you wouldn’t leave that would end up with you possibly not playing the game for a long period of time so that would do no one any good.
(Oh great another conclusion paragraph) So I am loyal, I won’t fuck anyone over or break a promise (Unless someone else fucks me over first), aaand I ran out of things to list here.
- Blog Banter #22: Corp Loyalty « Evil Silents
- Confessions of a Closet Carebear: Corporation Loyalty – Brothers and Sisters till the end?
- Who holds your Unshakable Fealty and why? | Nitpickin’s
- loyalty isnt for sale | A Mule In EvE
- Blog Banter #22: Corporation Guilt? | Sarnel Binora’s Blog
- Ask Not What Your Corp Can Do For You… « The Lathspell of Mithrandir
- New Eden History Student » Blog Archive » Why I went to college
- Esprit de Corps
- where the frack is my ship?: Blog Banter 22: Home is where the heart is
- A “CareBears” Journey – Am I Loyal, Or Just Complacent?
- Captain Serenity: Blog banter #22 – Loyalty?
- Not a Nice Game (Blog Banter 22) | Interstellar Privateer
- CK’s Blog Banter #22: A Fighter’s Heart « Prano’s Journey
- EvE Blog Banter #22: Where We Stand EvE Blasphemy
- divagoth | wandering the gaming landscape
- The Eternal Ninja – The Fang
- An Amarrian Capsuleer: Blog Banter 22: Corporation Cooperation
- Nashh Kadavr’s EVE Blog: Bastard for Life
- Double Threat: Blog Banter #22
- Drifting: Blog Banter #22: Corporation Loyalty – Brothers and Sisters till the end?